As we begin another year we want to start fresh with new energy, confidence, and a promise for a better year. What better way to begin but to start with a more radiant you?! Here are 5 easy ways for glowing skin this New Year:
1. Eat More Fresh Food And Veggies – Your skin and your body will thank you. Eating processed foods instead of salad, veggies and freshly made food will jumpstart your metabolism, energy and really help your skin glow. Skin cells are constantly shed and replaced by younger ones and a steady supply of micronutrients is essential to support this growth. By eating the correct balance of fresh foods, you will feed your skin the essential nutrients it needs to stay soft, supple and blemish-free.
2. Change To Natural Skincare- The advantage of using natural or organic skincare over synthetic products is that they enhance the skin’s natural function. These natural ingredients work in synergy with the skin by utilizing active ingredients that help optimize skin regeneration. The skin is the body’s largest organ and research shows it can absorb up to 60% of the ingredients in the products we apply. The vast majority of skincare products available today contain commonly used synthetic ingredients such as Parabens and SLS. These synthetic ingredients have been recognized to cause irritation in some and may have damaging effects in the long-term.
3. Incorporate Turmeric Into Your Diet – Turmeric has countless benefits. It is high in antioxidants which keeps wrinkles at bay and has anti-inflammatory benefits which promotes healthy skin. As an added bonus, it can help prevent cancer, heart diseases, reduce arthritis swelling and even helps fight depression.
4. Exercise More – Exercise helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital by increasing blood flow. Blood flow also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals, from working cells and provides more oxygen to tissues. It also helps reduce stress which contributes to the rapid aging process.
5. Treat Your Face To A Massage- Facial massage has been used in many cultures since ancient times because of its various benefits. The massage helps stimulate blood flow and lymphatic drainage, which helps the removal of toxins that have accumulated in the skin. Massage also helps relieve tension. This is important because when the muscles in your face tense up they are more likely to breed wrinkles. It also helps add vitality to a dull complexion. Always keep in mind to massage in an upward circular motion.
Make these simple changes to see how your skin responds. You will be happy!
All my best,